MOVING IN WITH MATES
If you’re moving into your own premises, you just have yourself to blame if things go wrong and it would be simple since you just have to answer it! It is a different story though when moving with friends and choosing a rental together. So the following are an opportunity to communicate first and make sure that your new place together is the best experience you have had.
- Work out where you all want to live – earning one individual compromise is a bad start, so make sure everyone is pleased with the location, taking into consideration things such as travelling time to operate, friends, family and local transport
- What size and style house do you need?
- How many people in the home?
- Whose names will appear on the rental?
- How much can each of you afford in rent each week?
- What are the practicalities of each person’s living habits? E.g. A shift worker who wants to party whilst others sleep and vice versa! Or more seriously those that are looking to study whilst others don’t.
- Are there sufficient facilities for everybody? E.g. bathrooms, car parking
- Who gets the big room?
Category : Renting simplified